The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Disclaimer:
- ASEAN Secretariat refers to the ASEAN Secretariat, members of the national administration teams (also referred to as “Members”) in ASEAN Member States and any other organisations affiliated with ASEAN Secretariat and the Members, who might be given administration rights to the Website.
- Service refers to the Website.
- User means the individual or a company accessing the Service, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual or company is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Website refers to ASEAN Access, accessible from www.aseanaccess.com
- Materials refers to any content, information, data and documents published or uploaded on the Website (referred to as either "Materials" or "Content" in this Disclaimer).
Welcome to www.aseanaccess.com
The ASEAN Secretariat administers this Website. All Content on this Website from the ASEAN Secretariat appears subject to the present Disclaimer.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Website are those of the various ASEAN Secretariat staff members, consultants and advisers, as well as Users to the ASEAN Secretariat who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of the ASEAN Secretariat or its Member States.
Materials provided on this Website are:
- provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement;
- of a general nature only and are not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- are not professional or legal advice. If you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional.
The ASEAN Secretariat:
- does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials;
- periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the Materials on this Website without notice.
Disclaimer of liability
Under no circumstances shall the ASEAN Secretariat be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental loss, damages, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Website or arising in connection with the use of the Service or the Contents of the Service, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto;
The use of this Website is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the ASEAN Secretariat or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the ASEAN Secretariat has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the ASEAN Secretariat is not liable for any conduct of any User.
The Content of the Website may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. The ASEAN Secretariat does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Website or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither the ASEAN Secretariat nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or Content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer viruses or other harmful components or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
As a condition of use of this Website, the User agrees to indemnify the ASEAN Secretariat and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of this Website, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of the Terms and Conditions of the Service. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Website or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
Third party disclaimer
This Website may contain links and references to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of or maintained by the ASEAN Secretariat, and the ASEAN Secretariat is not responsible for the content of any linked website, or any link contained in a linked website. The ASEAN Secretariat provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked website by the ASEAN Secretariat. The ASEAN Secretariat does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites.
Disclaimer of endorsement
The purpose of any linked reference from Website to any specific external resource, online service or a website, is to enhance the information available on Website and help visitors to those websites.
Such linked references do not constitute endorsement by the ASEAN Secretariat of the specific external resource, online service or a website, nor endorsement of the information contained in the linked reference, nor endorsement of the organisations owning the external websites.
Preservation of immunities
Nothing herein shall constitute or is considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the ASEAN Secretariat, which are specifically reserved.
The ASEAN Secretariat reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Website or any Materials in any respect. The ASEAN Secretariat shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
The ASEAN Secretariat reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Website or any portion thereof without notice.
No waiver by the ASEAN Secretariat of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.
Should you have any questions about the disclaimer, please do not hesitate to contact the ASEAN Secretariat by email: [email protected] or write to:
The Office of SMEs Promotion
21 TST Tower, FL.G,17,18,23 Viphavadi-Rangsit Rd.,
August 19, 2021